leave me

exceptions made once gave me brighter eyes,
but now they keep me safe from a pallid light.
this light once kept me warm: the moon at night...
but now, the cold: the darkened, peaceful skies

i can only guess what you want from me
tonight, so like that first request...
now as then, your words are misleading me,
so tonight, i choose to fail your test.

~ ~ ~

so bold of you, to take a seat so close
and i, for once revealed, still try to hide
but take your shot; perhaps we’ll meet again...
...or maybe that’s a road already tried.

see how the past repeats itself?
where first you gave a second glance,
now shy, yet brave, you give another...
unearthing corpses, asking them to dance.

so unlike you, to use this time to chat,
and i, for once, respond... with empty tone.
but nonetheless, ask all that’s on your mind:
a test to see if i have truly grown.

see how the past repeats itself?
where first i tried to flee from you,
you’ll try again; i’ll run awhile,
completing patterns, making old the new.

so this is you, remembering the times
and i, caught by surprise, must acquiesce
but reminiscing spoils my control,
so leave me to enjoy my loneliness.

see how the past repeats itself?
where first the white flag fluttered high,
now, i can’t offer half my kingdom...
now, i can’t see where i have come from...

now that i’ve finally found my freedom,
for once, i’m afraid to die.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it was my desire to converse with one whom i will always hold close in love... nothing more nothing less... now ill leave you to your lonliness