darkness' death

Though cold may kill as darkness falls
A Hope remains; a Saviour calls


His gleaming star: a beacon bright
His only wish: your heart set right
He offers strength, and shelter warm
To cradle man's chilled, lifeless form

He brings the sun, in glory great,
To banish night and re-write fate
His power changes destiny
His boundless Love WILL set you free

Though past is black, and present grim,
All days to come belong to Him
To see these days as He ordains
Be washed in the tears of the Gift that was slain

Remember Psalmists' earthly cry
When hearts were crushed, and souls were dry:


"Why has my god forsaken me?
His presence here, I cannot see
My heart bleeds like a candle's wick
As soft as mud, as hard as brick
My loved ones leave me here to die
As darkness falls, so, too, do I
I scan the sky for hints of light
But Hope is hidden from my sight"

Blind you will be, until the day
When fire chases gloom away
When future wrought by gentle hands
Binds mind to heart- His soul to man's

Take courage; wait for morning's light
To pierce the growing darkness' might
To take the place of shrouding night
And set the wandering soul aright

For all who know Him know the Sun
Will someday rule the skies once more...
Until that day, remember the One
Whose bright-hereafter conquers dark-before

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"As darkness falls, so, too, do I"

I love this line.

More on your poems later, after dinner with family and worship practice tonight (after 8).