moon bathing


i snuggle in, turn out the light
i love the day and fear the night
i dream until the sky is bright
while the world is moonbathing.

the grass is warm, the water's clear
but sunlight sheds a lonely tear
in the dark, i have no fear
if i am moonbathing.

"carpe noctem, shadow man
your shadow friends have shadow plans
you slept until the night began
for you love moonbathing."

i never thought that it would fade
that pale expanse of lovely shade
full and round, my song it played
when i caught the moon bathing.

it waxed & waned, my lunar dream
hid behind celestial steam
demons wrought an evil scheme
and stole the moon bathing.

mesmerized, i watched it fly
across a tattered, windswept sky
leaving stardust in my eye
still i long for moon bathing.

bittersweet, in many ways
the month with three-hundred sixty days
yet still my heart is set ablaze
by the hope of moon bathing.

to the darkest depths i would swim, for you
my muscles strong, my spirit true
yet not before you're born anew
so i wait for the moon-bathing.

~ ~ ~

i see you, sinking Cheshire smile
think i'll sit and stare awhile
a single step can seem a mile
as I watch the moon bathing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was really pretty. i liked it. it makes me think of my dad. he use to sing this song called "moon shadows" to us. i'll talk to you probably tomorrow. you won't be back until 6pm! that's so far away. i'm still waiting to find out what "Lissenen ar' maska'lalaith tenna' lye omentuva" means. until i talk to you next...
Katie

FadingFlower said...

I'm just a fellow wanderer, searching out beauty and depth, and I stumbled onto your page. That poem was absolutely beautiful! I'm guessing you wrote that? It sounds like something out of Lord of the Rings. :)

Anyway, God bless!

In Him,
<>< Christi <><